Tuesday, May 13, 2008
- about 35-40 tomatoes,
- 4 sweet peppers,
- 15 sweetcorn,
- one more courgette that was looking lonely at home,
- 6 chards,
- French marigolds all over the shop
- 2 rows of yellow wax beans (the kids did those), Coco de Paimpol beans around the sweetcorn.
- lots of onions, garlic, broad beans, fruit bed
- our first artichokes, 2 big ones. The most delicious ever eaten...
- about a kilo of broad beans, the first I have ever eaten! hubby and I liked them, the kids went yuuukkk. Still I like them as plants so I will do them again next year. They were overwintered Aquadulce.
- 2 strawberries, the first of the year. and the kids ate the lot. still there are lots more on the way ;-)
- the potatoes which have been earthed up and look fab. just a few more weeks....
- the rasperries and gooseberries - the goosegogs have their first fruit ripening
- the peas, ok a very small patch but they look strong and healthy (note to self - do them in the polytunnel again next year...)
- the various flowers etc that are springing up, including on the thyme, pretty pale lilac flowers
At home, I sowed some more basil (I just can't succeed with that) and Sweet William (I killed the first lot), transplanted some skinny leeks into richer pots, transplanted the broccoli into bigger pots. SO all is looking set up now for the season.
I would like to sow some more carrots and beets but I will probably get around to that next weekend, it won't take long.
happy happy happy gardener (with very sore muscles...)
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]