Monday, January 07, 2013

 

New Year resolution 2013

Well, I guess that would be to blog more regularly! In winter it is a challenge as the plot is mostly resting but that is a poor excuse!
I was down the plot on Saturday, cleaning out my shed and moving to a new, better-located one where I will have some room to put a work table, pots etc. It will look smashing soon, I hope.
I threw out loads of garbage, keep "just in case".... The shed now looks pristine and tidy, just got to keep it that way.

The ground is sodden, after an extremely wet winter. At least it will be easy to dig over come spring! The mild temperatures have produced suprising effects. My beautiful Christmas rose is covered in white and pink blooms, very pretty:
The artichokes are also not in their usual resting mode and have quite a lot of foliage for this time of year. Doesn't matter much, if there is a cold spell it will die back then produce more a bit later:

The plot is enjoying a bit of rest, I try not to touch it too much in winter. It is still giving Swiss chard, brussel sprouts and cauliflowers. The garlic is planted and I can't wait till I can get in echalotes and broad beans (Yes, sucker that I am, I have decided to put a few in again this year. Sod it if the others don't like them. I do and will eat them myself! They produce so consistently that it seems silly not to grow them.). Then I will be buying the onions and spuds, sowing peppers and tomatoes and peas... and the new season will be upon us!




Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]