Wednesday, February 09, 2011

 

Seed ordering time again

Yes yes time to scour the net. But I am back to Alan Romans again, and this year www.vegetableseeds.net who kindly sent me a 10% discount that I then forgot to use... oh well, maybe I will need something else as the season wears on!
SO what will I be growing?
From Alan Romans:
Aubergine 'Red Egg' - the aubergines are actually red instead of black! A novelty!
Beetroot 'Cheltenham Greentop' - excellent flavour
Brussels Sprout 'Bedford Darkmar' - they looked good but we'll see if they produce good sprouts!
Carrot 'Early Nantes 2 ' - yes I am a glutton for punishment.
Courgette 'Black Beauty' - maybe the courgettes won't get sick this year.
Cucumber Burpless Tasty - first time with cukes!
French Climbing Bean 'Cobra' - my favourites
Peas - Early Onward and Kelvedon Wonder
Tomato 'Gardener's Delight' - they are awfully messy but the fruit is wonderful
Tomato - Roma - not tried this variety before but I do love plum tomatoes.

From VegSeeds:
Dwarf French Bean Safari - such a bargain! I couldn't resist.
Cucumber Burpless Tasty Green - oh bugger I ordered them twice! Oh well, a little advance on next year then!
Carrot Autumn King 2
Spinach Medania and Giant Winter - I enjoyed growing spinach last year and hopefully this year if it is not so dry, I will get some again.
Aubergine Rosa Bianca - white aubergines! A test.
Pea Alderman - Tall ones! Must remember to grow them up some trellissing!
Parsnip White Gem - they grew well this year and taste great.
Pepper Sweet Spanish Mixed
Squash Summer Sunbeam - love pattypan squash! drool
Squash Winter Uchiki Kuri - love these and have never grown them before,
Squash Winter Turk's Turban - weird shaped ones just to scare the neighbours ;-)


I will also be raiding Lidl seeds for more tomatoes, basil, yellow wax beans and probably flowers for companion planting.
Now I am soooo looking forward to planting it all!!!

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]