Friday, November 13, 2009
gosh how neglected this is getting
I have hardly anything growing just now, except a few red cabbages, parsnips and some rainbow chard plus some leeks. The garden will get a good rest this winter.
What are the goals for the next season?
- Well I was pleased with the allium and potato harvests so I will again go full throttle on those.
- I have decided to build a seedling box so I can do my cabbage and salad seedlings straight in the garden which hopefully will produce better hardier baby plants.
- I want another rhubarb plant and another artichoke. Don't know where they will go yet, I fear that the whole top part will be filled with perennials eventually. But that is good, less to maintain.
- I want to succeed in growing carrots. the others do it, and so can I. I just have to persist.
- No broad beans, more peas.
- Sow beans successively. I CAN DO IT!
- More pumpkins - note to self, build up a manure pile for that.
- Start to replace some of the strawberry plants in spring. A good chance to tidy up that plot and get it richly fertilized. Note to self - ram something in the ground to stop the bloody raspberries.
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]