Friday, October 09, 2009

 

slack slack slack

That describes my blogging activity in the past few weeks and pretty much the gardening too! Every weekend just seems to get carried away into other things... still there is still time to get the garden ready for spring!
I did manage to take a few photos though.
Here the overall mess of the garden can be seen. I basically still need to remove all the summer crop waste: the beanstalks, the bean wigwams, and so on, and weed it all and cover with some manure over the winter. Look at my nice parsnip patch though, just the right amount for the autumn.And the pumpkins have been reasonably successful. Queensland blues:

And this one that hid in among the raspeberries, unobtrusively:
Still, the tomato harvest has been quite cool. Lots of sauce waiting in the cupboard and I still have plenty to make salsa from:


The strange thing I am holding in my grubby hand is a carrot. I got about 10 of them :-( Not the best harvest but gives me hope for next year. Except the carrots mostly came out purple!! very odd, especially as they are orange on the inside! I wonder what caused that??

Now I just have to dig out all that bloody grass. Oh well, it will give me some exercise in the coming months I guess!!

Labels: , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]