Monday, October 19, 2009

 

Last of the summer wine

Well, summer spuds if we want to be rigourously precise. I dug up the last of the spuds on Saturday. Once again I was a bit disappointed, they were healthy, sure but I was expecting more. I have to figure out what will make the spuds bigger, and better yield. Maybe I need to heavily manure the potato patch this winter? before planting.
I also picked more peppers and two lovely Queensland Blue pumpkins. They are now in the larder until the winter, for yummy pumpkin soup.
Well, at least that is one piece of the garden that looks nice now, all bare and raked over. The rest is disastrous. I just left the three sisters bed as it was so it is full of cut down cornstalks, bean stalks, and dead grass. Although, that does look very messy but underneath the soil is soft and supple. Maybe that has its merits after all.
My goal is to tidy up each patch and to them cover it in manure-filled stable waste. I cannot get pure manure so that will have to do. Now to see if I can hold this resolution!!

Labels: ,


Comments:
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]