Wednesday, August 05, 2009

 

Last visits before hols

yep off on holidays at the end of the week (the UK for once, hoping to avoid swine flu, inflation and midges). Went down this morning for a quick hoe and I picked my first two aubergines (so sweet and perfect)! Unfortunately all the toms are still dark green so they will just have to be left on the vine for now. I hope it is not all rotted when I get back.
I found something amusing though. One pumpkin vine has stretched around the compost box. I hadn't realised that there was a second one also thriving. And that was winding a path OVER THE TOP of teh raspberries! Cheeky beggar, hoping they would hold it up! Well after some struggling and a few scratches I unhinged it and laid it on the ground. Must be good for pollination though, there are fruit on it already!! I didn't have a camera, shame as it was a funny sight.
For once the garden is looking nice and tidy before I go on holidays. grass trimmed, hoed, mulched, hopefully it will not be a complete dog's dinner by the time I get back.
Now, off for some real ale, bangers and mash, fish and chips, ploughman's lunches and crap UK roads... see you later!

Labels: , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]