Monday, July 06, 2009

 

Got my key again

I had lost my key to my allotment! So luckily this weekend I was able to make a copy and get back to the garden! It was time to dig up the onions, which are now spread on the ground to mature. They are great, there are a few real whoppers and some nice echalotes and even the red onions made a good showing for once.
The aubergines have flowers so hopefully fruit soon, same with the peppers and the tomatoes. We ate our first yellow Parador courgettes, they were delicious. The beans also have flowers starting, so our first beans will be ready anon.
I will try and take some new pics this week as everything is flourishing (unfortunately the weeds too, but I will try and overcome that with some strategic hoeing!).

Labels: , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]