Wednesday, August 06, 2008
At last, plenty of tomatoes
But last night I popped down to suss things out, and came home with a big bag of tomatoes, (the Harzfeuer from Lidl are delicious, I will definitely do those again), a cabbage, two ears of sweetcorn (Absolutely fantastic, so sweet and tender), a punnet of strawberries, some courgettes of course, and some rocket.
- There are some melons on the vine! cool, maybe they will be ready when I get back from holidays,
- There is another baby pumpkin growing,
- The carrots, chard and beetroot are doing very well, I should be able to harvest some of that soon,
- The maincrop potato patch is getting really overgrown but I can't really weed it now, will just wait till it all dies back.
- I also pulled up some two foot high lettuces and the florence fennel that is bolting (last time I try, it's just a nuisance and no one wants to eat it except me).
- The second beans are growing well, I hope they don't set all their beans before I come back from holidays!!
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]