Wednesday, June 25, 2008
A courgette a day
Then again on the weekend I will also have to have a weed blitz, there is bindweed everywhere and some of it is flowering :-( The pumpkins are rampant! They are growing much more than I thought they would! And there are a few tiny fruit on them! There are a few weeds in that patch but I am not sure they have much of a chance with the pumpkin spreading its leaves everywhere. I will have to train them in certain directions, I would say.
In other news, the first tomatoes are forming, they look terrific. The melons are still a bit sad on their bed but they haven't died so I guess that is as good news as any.
The task list for the weekend will be:
- Dig over the garlic bed and resow a row of winter carrots, and the sprouts.
- Lift some of the tarped area and sow more more beans there, it's getting time for a big bean patch.
- Thin out some lettuce that is growing in a seed bed but now needs planting out.
- Dig over the former broad bean bed and sow a late pea patch there, maybe they will work, I am tempted to net them.
- Pull the leeks out of their pots and prepare them, then dig out the early spuds and replace them with leeks.
Oh and why the title? Because since Sunday, three nice courgettes have grown - one a day ;-)
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]