Monday, June 30, 2008
Chocolate and courgette cake
Cooks in a long loaf tin.
- 180g cooking chocolate, melted over boiling water
- 2oog flour (either self raising or add 1 teas baking powder)
- pinch bicarbonate
- pinch salt
- 100g sugar
- 3 eggs
- a splash of milk if it looks too thick
- 2 tabs vegetable oil
- 200g raw courgette, weigh it once you peel it and take out the seedy section. Good for using a large courgette that got away from you.
- Grate the courgette, then enlist the aid of a small child - put the veg in a clean tea towel and over the sink, wring up the tea towel until all the juice has come out of the courgette.
- Next, in a bowl, combine dry ingredients.
- Add the eggs and mix to a thick paste.
- Next, add the melted chocolate and oil, mix well.
- Add the grated courgette and mix. If it seems a little stodgy, add some milk - it should be slightly thicker than a normal cake batter but not too stiff. It should slide off the spoon, not stick in a big lump.
- Line tin with baking paper, bake in a preheated oven 180 deg C for about 45 mins. Test with a skewer, it is a moist cake but should be practically dry on the skewer.
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]