Thursday, May 29, 2008

 

Jam. The first batch of the year. And the first batch that I have been able to make from the allotment's produce :-)

what did I get:




The rhubarb is in small pieces and rolled in a little ordinary sugar. Overall there is about 1 kilo of fruit and I have some leftover preserving sugar, about 700g of it. Hope the proportions are OK.
OK let's get that cooking up.

After about 20 minutes, the fruits is soft and reduced. Mmmmm I can smell the rhubarb and strawberry quite distinctively. I add the sugar and boil it up, 6 minutes it says on the packet.

A short cooling period and it's into piping hot boiled jars:
Rhubarb and strawberry jam. Smallest One tasted the leftovers on some crackers this morning and declared it to be delicious.

Labels: , ,


Comments:
That looks great. I can almost smell it cooking!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]