Tuesday, February 19, 2008

 
You may think that I have forgotten my blog and my garden but I haven't, I have just had some personal problems to sort out. But I am raring to go as the spring shows signs of coming back, even though I did not achieve my winter goal of laying my paths :-( well maybe this weekend as my kids are going to their grandparents for the holidays.
I have my onions - red, shallots and yellows, in sets, couldn't get organized to do the seeds. So they will all go in on the weekend. I also need to start the early potatoes chitting, in three weeks or so they will go in too. Their ground needs its manure digging over.
then I will need to start thinking about the seeds... the pepper plants, the tomatoes, the leeks.
I bought myself a polytunnel, I don't really know what to do with it yet but I think I will use it for some early radish, carrots and lettuces. It's a bit experimental as yet.
I haven't been to the lottie for a few weeks and I admit to being curious as to what is going on down there, everything left to its own devices. Are the strawberries growing? Has the rhubarb sprung back to life? What is emerging from its winter sleep??? probably the bloody weeds of course, but even they are a part of the bigger picture.
After a really really hard winter, emotionally and physically, I need this spring more than I can express.

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]