Monday, January 28, 2008
- thinning some winter lettuces,
- pruning the dead branches off the chrysanthemum, lemon balm, fennel herb etc, also the raspberries,
- ripped out all the used-up romanesco, broccoli and sprout plants and some cabbages that were past their best, (that was hard work!!)
- pulled up some of the wild rocket that is all over the place,
- manured around the garlic (now in nice 10cm shoots!!), the rhubarb, a few other places,
- put leaf mold on the herb bed,
- pruned and tidied the strawberries: some of the babies I planted in October are coming out of hibernation! so I made sure the plastic was well pulled back so they got sun and put a little earth around their bases to make sure they are better exposed.
Small harvest: some leeks, the last two edible cabbages and a few handfuls of sprouts.
Anyway it is looking a little tidier, even if I have yet to fulfil my winter vow and get my paths in. Still there are still a few weeks before I can start planting stuff...
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]