Tuesday, October 09, 2007
- A good punnet of strawberries and raspberries and finally a nice quantity of physalis, i think I will try some jam with them now I have a good amount.
- rocket (very nutty and mild must like the cooler weather)
- my first real bunch of radishes!!!! they were lovely
- a good two handfuls of green beans. very tasty and tender
- MY FIRST CABBAGE! I was thrilled, inside the head is super compact but my mum-in-law cooked it stuffed with sausagemeat in the pressure cooker and we thought it was smashing. so I am willing on the other 14 to grow big and strong ha ha.
- lots of little tomatoes, they too are delicious.
- a courgette, and suprisingly there are still a few more coming off the plant.
I think I am putting off the big clean up that really needs doing before the cold November and December rains. This means finishing planting out the strawberry babies, pulling up the tomatoes and digging over and weeding that section, give a good weeding everywhere and pile up all the grassy stuff so I can mulch the perennials during the winter. But I must get around to it soon. And lay the paths, except that I have not yet collected enough cardboard to do it properly (I want to lay cardboard under the wooden squares to stop weeds). Hmm the list gets longer the more I think about it...
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]