Thursday, June 28, 2007
- The potatoes have disappeared, there is no foliage at all. I don't know whether to attempt digging them up or leaving them in the ground a bit longer?
- The peas have just failed to give fruit. And the few they did give have been scoffed by something (note to self - next year do peas differently and net them).
- The tomatoes seem to just be dying, there is no other way to describe it. They are tiny and sad looking. I will maybe try to buy some more plants on the weekend in a last ditch effort but it is not looking good.
- I don't think there will be any QLD Blue pumpkins as they seem to have died :-( and only one melon has survived too.
- I pulled up one of the garlic shoots and there is no bulb, a strong garlic smell but it resembles a spring onion. (note to self: overwinter garlic and onions next year).
- the green beans are up but I hope it warms up soon or they may rot.
- lettuce (must plant some more this weekend)
- strawberries have loads of flowers for a second crop so fingers crossed,
- parsnips are getting huge! and the beets and fennel too are looking great.
- gherkins and courgettes have flowers too.
- rhubarb (making new leaves).
Highlight- This morning I harvested 4 lettuces, some rocket 2 gherkins that had grown oversized and 3 courgettes. And some oversized radishes that maybe I can grate into a salad??
Still, all is not lost as you seem to have a least a few veggies that like being soaked and frozen!
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]